1. First, ComfortStall uses its state of the art padding to cushion and insulate the horse from the native flooring of his stall. The engineered PE foam is a vet hospital approved 1.5” closed cell, quality high-density foam – a true 21st Century innovation. Independent tests served proof of long-term durability. The ComfortStall® system has held up beyond all expectations as the lab loaded a simulated horse leg and hoof with 400 lbs. They pounded over 100,000 impressions in the same spot, which resulted in minimal compaction. This is due to our lamination process (welding of two layers of padding which then prevents the padding from bottoming out even with 1,600 pound horses).
2. Second, our Generation II, one-piece, waterproof “IronClad” TopCover is comprised of a 2-ply vulcanized rubber sheeting, which safeguards the padding from the horse. The IronClad is a five-layer rubber sheet with two layers of a rough, tough, tightly woven polyester/nylon fabric sandwiched between three layers of dense vulcanized rubber. IronClad can be customized to fit ANY size stall.
3. Lastly, the Anchor Strips act as a baseboard to securely attach and seal the top cover to the stall walls.
has had her ComfortStall® system for over 6 years and
what a difference it has made! We highly recommend ComfortStall® for
all performance horses' stall and trailer floors!
horse’s joints, tendons and ligaments are supported
by the therapeutic properties of our level surface that “springs” back
with every step. The equine performance industry reports noticeable
improvement in movement, flexibility, hoof quality and in the reduction
of fluid retention.
2. Comfort = quality rest. Horses are seen resting more often, and
for longer periods of time. This is due to the energy-returning properties of the underlying foam layer. Your horses will enjoy the recuperative and restorative effects similar to our human experience of sleeping on a bed, verses the camping experience of sleeping on the ground.
3. Thanks to the non-slip, non-abrasive surface hock sores are
a thing of the past! Horses get up without scuffling - their
body weight sinks their hooves down, giving them the “purchase” to
rise with ease. Also, horses undergoing rehab, lay-up and surgical recovery will be buoyed by the gently supportive closed-cell foam underlayer.
4. Insulates from the cold and damp of concrete floors. The working temperature of our Medical Grade Padding is -75°F to 175°F
5. Air quality in barns is greatly improved because the sealed
one-piece design will not allow the build up of harmful urine and
1. ComfortStall has made the need to bed for comfort obsolete.
2. Less shavings = less labor + smaller manure pile + no maintenance
= reduced costs. Proven to pay for itself within 10 months.
3. Once installed the
ComfortStall® stays put! Imagine how
nice it would be to never correct a shifted heavy mat again, or
strain to remove 4 to 6 mats to clean the urine and bacteria build-up